By Carter B. Horsley
This sedate and handsome Italian
Renaissance-palazzo-style building was erected in 1925 and converted
to a cooperative in 1980. It has 79 apartments.
The beige-brick, 16-story building
has a two-story rusticated limestone base with bronze entrance
doors that lead to a nice, marble lobby. The canopied entrance
is flanked by lanterns. The building, which has a large cornice,
has an elevator person, protruding air-conditioners and no sidewalk
landscaping, no garage and no roofdeck.
The building's facade has some
decorative balconies, attractive pilasters near the top, four
bandcourses and some attractive spandrels and a good cornice.
This is a very attractive and
quiet stretch of West End Avenue and is convenient to public transportation
and one block from Riverside Park. Neighborhood shopping is convenient
and steadily improving as high-end retailers continue to advance