420 Riverside Drive
Northeast corner at 114th Street
This handsome, 13-story, pre-war, white-brick, cooperative apartment building has 101 units was erected in 1912 on the site of the 1836 Greek Revival Carrigan Mansion.
This building was designed by Gaetan Aiello in the modern Renaissance style. It was converted to co-ops in 1983 and originally was known as Cliff House.
The building has some fireplaces, beamed ceilings, and windowed bathrooms. It has a marble lobby with stained-glass windows recreated by a building resident.
The building has a full-time doorman, a live-in superintendent, a roof deck, two bike rooms, a gym, a laundry and storage rooms.
It has a three-step-up entrance, no sidewalk landscaping, no garage, no health club and permits protruding air-conditioners.