By Carter B. Horsley
This attractive, light-beige
brick apartment building was erected in 1940 and converted to
a cooperative in 1965.
The 13-story building, which
has 17 apartments, is distinguished by a large wrought-iron-and-glass
It has a two-story limestone
base and attractive limestone window reveals and the second and
third floors and some wrought-iron balconies. The building has
no concierge, or doorman, or garage and no sidewalk landscaping,
but it does have consistent fenestration and very few apartments
as well as an attractive rooftop watertank enclosure.
It is one block to the east
from Riverside Park and one block to the west from neighborhood
shopping on Broadway. It is also very convenient to excellent
crosstown bus service on 86th Street and not far from a local
subway station at 86th Street and Broadway. This area has undergone
significant upgrading in the 1980's and 1990's and is now one
of the most desirable on the Upper West Side.